Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Grégoire Fruleux <gr...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/25 17:25:56 UTC

Help with task: Make our event calendar less US centric

Hello :)

I am a young developer and would like to get involved into Apache projects
!
I think it would be a good start to help you with the french part of the
Event Calendar (listed at https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?3c264f0f)

I won't hide you that my project goal is OFBiz, because I'm using it and
know commiters working on it !
But I am glad if I can provide help on the calendar !! :D

Best regards,
Grégoire Fruleux

Re: Help with task: Make our event calendar less US centric

Posted by Grégoire Fruleux <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone !

Did you get some news about this tasks ?
It doesn't seems like something that much needed by now

Looking forward !
Grégoire

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 09/27/2016 10:13 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> I've made a first pass of improving the various event pages, with what I
> think each URL is/should be used for.
>
> https://www.apache.org/events/
> Permanent landing URL for jumping off to any event related content.
>
> https://www.apache.org/events/current-event.html
> Brief ApacheCon/Apache:BigData overview (is this specifically used by
> any other projects/scripts these days?)

I wonder if that page shouldn't just go away and/or be merged with the
one over on community.apache.org

> https://www.apache.org/events/meetups.html
> Semi-Manually updated list of just Meetups in next 2 weeks.
>
> https://community.apache.org/calendars/
> Google, iCal, and listing of major, brand-approved conferences, manually
> maintained by EA and ComDev when asked.  Useful for people pulling the
> iCal feed.
>
> * Deprecated
>
> https://community.apache.org/calendars/conferences.html
> Outdated version of calendars/index as far as I can tell.
>
> https://community.apache.org/events/small-events.html
> Old listing of how to get event approval; should be folded in elsewhere
> (into third party branding policy and into other calendar pages).

Yeah, we should probably drop that one, and add a Shiny New Policy Page
over on apache.org/events when I finally have time to draft that.

Re: Help with task: Make our event calendar less US centric

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Yes, we could certainly stand to improve our web presence.

On Sep 26, 2016 20:52, "Shane Curcuru" <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

Why does comdev have two separate pages seemingly showing the same calendar?

  /calendars/index.html
and
  /calendars/conferences.html

I was going to add better intros and pointers between this calendar
listing and a.o/events/* pages, but I only want to link to the permanent
one.

In particular, which of our several event-related calendar pages are
really linked to frequently?

- Shane

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.