Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk> on 2003/05/01 00:59:48 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/atomic/solaris_sparc apr_atomic_sparc.s

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:20:57AM -0700, Roy Fielding wrote:
> >  This code was licensed under version 1.0 of the Mozilla Public
> >License
> >  (which is a copyleft and a lot more restrictive than the ASL).
>
> And not approved for distribution by Apache projects.  You will need to
> get the version that is released as MPL 1.1 or a new license from
> Mike Bennett, or simply delete it from the code base before the next
> release.

I'd be happy to let Ian remove it ASAP.

Is there a list somewhere of which licenses are ASF-approved, out of
interest?

joe

Re: cvs commit: apr/atomic/solaris_sparc apr_atomic_sparc.s

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:20:57AM -0700, Roy Fielding wrote:
>
>>> This code was licensed under version 1.0 of the Mozilla Public
>>>License
>>> (which is a copyleft and a lot more restrictive than the ASL).
>>
>>And not approved for distribution by Apache projects.  You will need to
>>get the version that is released as MPL 1.1 or a new license from
>>Mike Bennett, or simply delete it from the code base before the next
>>release.
>

> I'd be happy to let Ian remove it ASAP.

um yeah..
anyway.. I tried contacting him (and every other Mike Bennett I could
find) with no success.
so I removed the code