Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joel Halbert <jo...@su3analytics.com> on 2010/06/18 17:30:48 UTC

Page Navigation - Link vs Page when appending a query string to the result

I want to return the user to a page that has a context and some query
params:

I can do this, using Link:

     public Object onSubmit(){
         Link link = ls.createPageRenderLinkWithContext(Buy.class, product);
         link.addParameter("x", x);
         link.addParameter("y", y);
         return link;
     }

Directs the user to;
http://localhost:8080/web/buy/product?x=1&y=2

I want to know if I can easily do the same using Page:

     @InjectPage
     private Buy buy;
     public Object onSubmit() {
         buy.setProduct(product)
         return buy;
     }

And in Buy have an onPassivate to get the correct context
Buy {
     String onPassivate90{return product}
}

Whch gets me the URL:
http://localhost:8080/web/buy/product

But what's the easiest way of then tacking on the query string I want?

Re: Page Navigation - Link vs Page when appending a query string to the result

Posted by Joel Halbert <jo...@su3analytics.com>.
Thanks, I was curious as to whether I could do what I need using Page,
but in the meantime can get around it using Link.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry