Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Don Laursen <do...@darkphoton.com> on 2001/02/12 19:47:54 UTC

Frames in Velocity template

Hi, probably a simple question... but I searched the mail archive for frames
and header and didn't find an answer.

If I create a frameset in a Velocity template it fails because frames aren't
allowed inside body tags. The header and body tags seem so be auto created
by velocity. So how do I control this?

How do I put my own items in the header of template? Do I use a context.put
type of call?

I'm sure there are better ways to display multiple pages on one page, but
I'm just experimenting right now.

I'm using TDK a11, thanks in advance

Don

Re: Frames in Velocity template

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
Hi,

Come to the turbine list. Short answer: if you're using frames
then you must use the VelocityOnlyLayout and not the default
VelocityECSLayout. With the VelocityOnlyLayout you can fully
control the output.

jvz.