Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Srinivasula Reddy A , Bangalore" <sr...@hcl.in> on 2007/06/08 07:03:41 UTC

How Can I Upgrade My Dev Environment

Hi Struts Community,

            Currently we are using struts 1.2, jdk1.4, JBoss 4, eclipse
3.1 as our development environment. Now we need some listeners for our
application.

How I can upgrade my development environment to support listeners (which
are in servlet specification 2.4)

Already 10% of our development is over. So based on this suggest me good
choice

Regards,

Sreenivasula Reddy A

DISCLAIMER:

RE: [OT] Re: How Can I Upgrade My Dev Environment

Posted by "Raghupathy, Gurumoorthy" <Gu...@nielsen.com>.
You already have the environment to work on servlet 2.4 spec .....
have you tried to write the code and deploy it to jboss ? if you are not
able to to then send us more details

>             Currently we are using struts 1.2, jdk1.4, JBoss 4,
eclipse
> 3.1 as our development environment. Now we need some listeners for our
> application.
> How I can upgrade my development environment to support listeners
(which
> are in servlet specification 2.4)

JBoss 4 supports Servlet 2.4 so what's the problem?

[OT] Re: How Can I Upgrade My Dev Environment

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com>.
The only real change you need is to use the v2.4 DTD in web.xml.  There are
some structural changes from DTD for 2.3, so make those, and you're in
business.  You might also consider if you are using JSTL 1.0 the upgrade to
1.1 (also a different taglib uri).  You might upgrade Struts at the same
time.  Take all the pain at once, but implement one change at a time and get
each change working before continuing.  If the app isn't too big and/or too
messy, and things don't go totally haywire, should not be a difficult an
upgrade.
- Ray Clough