Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Christopher.Miller@gd-ms.com" <Ch...@gd-ms.com> on 2022/02/01 13:50:17 UTC

RE: Possible protocol error, handshake_error when using Maven

No were not using our Nexus repo as a proxy for Maven central.  Not my decision, and I don't have a voice in how its use.

I was able to curl that URL along with pulling that .pom file with the following command:

curl -o maven-archiver-2.5.pom  https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.5/maven-archiver-2.5.pom

So I'm still at a loss where I'm experiencing this issue currently.  I have local IT support that is aware of the issue, if we make any progress I'll let everyone know.

Thanks

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
The checksum incorrect can be caused by hardware features or truncated packets, it is normally not a sign you have to care about. You can specify -K to ignore it.

Try tcpdump -nnpvKX to get the packet content. But I would write the capture to a file and use Wireshark to visualize the tls handshake (or TLS-hello-dump or ssldump).

But the java debug trace should be much easier to read it will show the TLS flags in text.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
________________________________

No output when running the following command:  javac GetURLS.java

Just getting GetUrls.class file.

Thanks

I ran this on my RHEL 8 workstation, and didn't get any output, other then a new file was created, called GetUrls.class.   Didn't get the output you have below.  Disclosure, I'm not a software developer by trade, so bear with me.

Thanks

External E-mail --- CAUTION: This email originated from outside GDMS. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Christopher.Miller@gd-ms.com wrote:

> I was able to curl that URL along with pulling that .pom file with the following command:
>
> curl -o maven-archiver-2.5.pom  https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.5/maven-archiver-2.5.pom
>
> So I'm still at a loss where I'm experiencing this issue currently.

Have you tried fetching that URL from a simple Java program to check whether your Java stack can access that URL?

--
? cat GetUrls.java
import java.net.HttpURLConnection;
import java.net.URL;

class GetUrls {
        for (String arg : args) {
            URL url = new URL(arg);
            HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
            con.setRequestMethod("GET");
            int status = con.getResponseCode();
            System.out.println("[" + status + "] " + url);
        }
    }
}
? javac GetUrls.java

Posted by "Christopher.Miller@gd-ms.com" <Ch...@gd-ms.com>.

Posted by "Christopher.Miller@gd-ms.com" <Ch...@gd-ms.com>.

Posted by Nils Breunese <ni...@breun.nl>.
Christopher.Miller@gd-ms.com wrote:

> I was able to curl that URL along with pulling that .pom file with the following command:
>
> curl -o maven-archiver-2.5.pom  https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.5/maven-archiver-2.5.pom
>
> So I'm still at a loss where I'm experiencing this issue currently.

Have you tried fetching that URL from a simple Java program to check whether your Java stack can access that URL?

——