Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by andrejusc <a....@infosana.com> on 2007/12/04 15:18:55 UTC

I have strange selectNodeList uncatched exception for Xalan 1_10

Hi,
Under high load of my application sometimes I get uncaught exception (i.e.
console output as "Generic exception caught!"), while having such code:

	XPathEvaluator	theEvaluator;
	NodeRefList	theResult;

	assert(theDOMSupport != 0);
	assert(theDocument != 0);
	assert(thePrefixResolver != 0);
	try {
		theEvaluator.selectNodeList(
				theResult,
				*theDOMSupport,
				theDocument,
				XalanDOMString(selector).c_str(),
				*thePrefixResolver);
	}
	catch (const XMLException& e)
	{
		_tprintf(_T("XMLException: %s\n"), e.getMessage());
	}
	catch (const DOMException& e)
	{
		_tprintf(_T("DOMException: %s\n"), e.getMessage());
	}
	catch (const SAXParseException& e)
	{
		_tprintf(_T("SAXParseException: %s\n"), e.getMessage());
	}
	catch (const XercesDOMException& e)
	{
		_tprintf(_T("XercesDOMException: %d\n"), e.getExceptionCode());
	}
	catch (const XalanDOMException& e)
	{
		_tprintf(_T("XalanDOMException: %d\n"), e.getExceptionCode());
	}
	catch(...)
	{
		_tprintf(_T("Generic exception caught!\n"));
	}

What could be a reason of that? Should I check release of any particular
object from time to time? Or availability of MemoryManager or anything else?
As I've said it happens only rarely.

I have rebuilt the latest Xalan-C under SVN 1_10 tag, but still the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: I have strange selectNodeList uncatched exception for Xalan 1_10

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
andrejusc wrote:
> Hi,
> Under high load of my application sometimes I get uncaught exception (i.e.
> console output as "Generic exception caught!"), while having such code:
>
> 	XPathEvaluator	theEvaluator;
> 	NodeRefList	theResult;

> What could be a reason of that? Should I check release of any particular

Your program has a bug, or there's a bug in Xalan-C.  Without more
information about the exception, it's really just a guess.

> object from time to time? Or availability of MemoryManager or anything else?
> As I've said it happens only rarely.

Run your application under load in the debugger, and hope that the
exception is triggered.  The debugger will have more information about the
exception.

> I have rebuilt the latest Xalan-C under SVN 1_10 tag, but still the same.

That's not the "latest" Xalan-C -- that's simply the same set of source
code that was used to build the 1.10 release.

Dave