Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com> on 2006/03/23 16:33:59 UTC

Problem running app in WebSphere

I'm attempting to run my Cocoon application (2.1.7) in WebSphere (6.0.2).

It seems to be very close after the advice found here on setting the
WebSphere class loaders to PARENT_LAST.  There seems to be a couple
problems, probably related.

When sending a page that relies on an XSL references with <xsl:include> the
app throws an exception:

ERROR [WebContainer : 1] sitemap.handled-errors 2006-03-23 09:57:54,848 -
 Unable to get transformer handler for file:/C:/Program
Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/default/installedApps/ENVISNWS1Node01
Cell/netvisn_war.ear/netvisn.war/site/stylesheets/content-base.xsl
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for
file:/C:/Program
Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/default/installedApps/ENVISNWS1Node01
Cell/netvisn_war.ear/netvisn.war/site/stylesheets/content-base.xsl:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating
Transform Handler
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:
318)

The other problem is that the I18N translation transforms are not working.
Everything works great in Tomcat 4.1.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Gary

RE: Problem running app in WebSphere

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
In case anyone (probably novice like me) has a similar problem here's what I
found out.

The Tomcat container is more forgiving than WebSphere as the errors were
fixed by correcting my code.  (I'm not sure why there would be a difference
as it appears the same jars are being used in both cases.)

1. A buried stylesheet was calling a template which did not exist causing
the transformer handler exception.

2. The stylesheets contained an <xsl:out> which must have been causing
problems with the I18N Transformer, not producing an exception but no
translations were being performed.

Gary