Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> on 2006/08/13 14:30:32 UTC

Yet another question about multi module reporting...

Is it possible to have *only* aggregated reports and
remove the submodule 'links' at the upper left hand
corner of the main index.html page?

Re: Yet another question about multi module reporting...

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
| Care to elaborate? Why unreadable?

Yes, I'm also interested in the arguments for that.

At the moment I'm responsible for a relatively big build environment
that is using ANT and also has
its fair amount of reporting done. Using ANT's functionality for
macro's, subant and what have
you the final reporting result consists of "two" pages. One for my
aggregated reports, and
one for each module's "own" reports. My experience is that nobody is
actually reading/interested
in the module's own reporting and only browsing the aggregated reports.

I'm currently revisiting Maven to see whether version 2.0.4 is something
I could
use in my next engagement, but am a bit disappointed by the whole multi
module
reporting part of it. It seems to me that "convention over
configuration" hasn't
gotten through to that section yet - as there is no real convention about
multi module reporting. What I would like to see is a standardized way
for this.
So for instance, each report should support a "aggregate" configuration
setting.

Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> Not all plugins support aggregation, though, and I'm not sure if that's
>> desirable (i.e. the surefire report, if it's aggregated it might become
>> unreadable).
>
> Care to elaborate? Why unreadable?
>
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

Cumquat Information Technology
De Dreef 19
3706 BR Zeist
T +31 (0)30 - 6940490
F +31 (0)30 - 6940499
http://www.cumquat.nl

Jan.Vissers@cumquat.nl
M +31 6 51 169 556

Re: Re: Yet another question about multi module reporting...

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
Sure, but you have to do 2 things:

1) edit site.xml and remove the ${modules} (or the <menu ref="modules"/>)

2) configure all plugins to be aggregating in the <reports> section in
the root pom.

Not all plugins support aggregation, though, and I'm not sure if that's
desirable (i.e. the surefire report, if it's aggregated it might become
unreadable).

-- Kenney

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.