Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Peter S. Housel" <ho...@acm.org> on 2003/08/15 04:53:54 UTC

db4 problems configuring on FreeBSD

After two weeks with an out-of-date working copy, I tried to update to
the latest httpd-2.0/apr/apr-utils/svn.

On FreeBSD, -ldb4 is in /usr/local/lib, and db.h is in
/usr/local/include/db4.  The apr-utils configure finds these just fine,
but when the svn configure tries to verify the availability of db4, the
#include "db.h" in the test gets the wrong include file
(/usr/include/db.h, from db 1.85).  Either the svn check ought to be
trying "db4/db.h", or apr-config --includes ought to include
/usr/local/include/db4.

According to the (out of date) comments in
build/ac-macros/berkeley-db.m4, there used to be checks to handle this
case, but they must have been removed when the check for db4 was moved
to apr-utils.

-Peter-

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
[this is a dev issue, not a users issue, moving...]

The latter is rather difficult to do.  db4/db.h could be in any of the
available include paths.

Rather, we should include apu.h instead of db.h.  That would solve the
problem.  Not sure how that is received though...

Thoughts?

Sander

RE: db4 problems configuring on FreeBSD

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.