Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Bakera <ma...@uni-dortmund.de> on 2007/12/04 15:31:05 UTC

Running application from Maven

Hey everybody,

What is the preferred way of running an application from Maven? It would be
very nice to have the specified (runtime) dependencies at hand such that
there is no need for further configuration of the classpath.

I found the exec-plugin from codehaus but don't know whether that is the
intended way of doing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Greetings from Germany,
Marco.

Re: Running application from Maven

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
You can also use the ant <exec> task from the ant run plugin.

-- Lee

On Dec 4, 2007 10:10 AM, Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de> wrote:

> Marco Bakera wrote:
> > Hey everybody,
> >
> > What is the preferred way of running an application from Maven? It would
> be
> > very nice to have the specified (runtime) dependencies at hand such that
> > there is no need for further configuration of the classpath.
> >
> > I found the exec-plugin from codehaus but don't know whether that is the
> > intended way of doing.
>
> Depends on what you're trying to do. If you want to run some class or
> tool as part of the build process then I'd use the exec plugin.
>
> If you are looking for an easy way to build your app with all
> dependencies have a look at mojo's appassembler plugin.
>
> -dirk

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee AT leemeador.com

Re: Running application from Maven

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.