Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2004/12/21 18:46:31 UTC

Chain commit (Re: svn commit: r122947 -)

At 7:34 AM +0000 12/21/04, mrdon@apache.org wrote:
>  * removed unnecessary struts-chain sandbox project

Should we be concerned about keeping this available for people using
chain in a pre Struts 1.3 environment?  I suppose most people who are
using it now are going to be able to migrate to a newer Struts, but
the thought crossed my mind...

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: Chain commit (Re: svn commit: r122947 -)

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Hmm...I can see your point, but I'd hate to have identical code in two
places to maintain.  If there is enough community interest, I suppose we
could pull it out and create a release that won't be supported.

Don

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:46:31 -0600, Joe Germuska <Jo...@germuska.com> wrote:
> At 7:34 AM +0000 12/21/04, mrdon@apache.org wrote:
> >  * removed unnecessary struts-chain sandbox project
>
> Should we be concerned about keeping this available for people using
> chain in a pre Struts 1.3 environment?  I suppose most people who are
> using it now are going to be able to migrate to a newer Struts, but
> the thought crossed my mind...

This isn't a problem, since Don's removal only removed it from
'trunk'. It's still available in the 1.2.x branch, and so will still
be part of 1.2.7, etc.

--
Martin Cooper