Posted to builds@apache.org by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2010/12/06 08:52:23 UTC

RE: Minerva - Hudson slave will be down for a few days

Ok,

Minerva (Slave 1) lost 2 disks, had to rebuilt from scratch.

It now has Hudson back on  nd some of the common packages.

Niklas has his admin acct back but I haven't added anyone else.

I see it is busy catching up on jobs now that were still tied to it.

We'll start again with the shell access as and when required.

Gav...

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Hi Tim, you can do it yourself again, I restored your access to Minerva.

Gav...

Re: Minerva - Hudson slave will be down for a few days

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which installation of Ant is considered the "Default"?  Is it looking
> for a system version on the path?

Sure looks like it.

/niklas

Re: Minerva - Hudson slave will be down for a few days

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 08/Dec/2010 12:54, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you confirm that Minerva has /home/hudson/tools/ant/latest defined?
>>  Harmony builds are failing (and I no longer have an account to go fix
>> things).
>
> Yes, it should be:
> $ ls /home/hudson/tools/ant/latest
> bin  docs  etc	fetch.xml  get-m2.xml  INSTALL	KEYS  lib  LICENSE
> NOTICE  README  WHATSNEW

The build seems to run ok if I use a job configuration of
  Ant Version: Ant (latest)
but not if I use
  Ant Version: (Default)

which produces
[harmony] $ ant bundle-src clean fetch-depends snapshot
FATAL: command execution failed.Maybe you need to configure the job to
choose one of your Ant installations?
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "ant" (in directory
"/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Harmony-1.5-head-linux-x86_64/harmony"):
java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

Minerva should pick up the default tools locations.

Which installation of Ant is considered the "Default"?  Is it looking
for a system version on the path?

Regards,
Tim

Re: Minerva - Hudson slave will be down for a few days

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Gav... <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Minerva (Slave 1) lost 2 disks, had to rebuilt from scratch.
>
> It now has Hudson back on  nd some of the common packages.

Thanks for setting all of this up Gav!

If you need any packages now no longer available on this machine, let us know.

/niklas