Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/06/11 12:17:26 UTC

Problem with links on win32 docset

Hi,

Stas, you pointed out an interesting bug the other day. When creating links
on Win32, Docset creates the abs/rel_doc_root with ..\ instead of ../. This
is probably due to the use of catfile/catdir someplace where simple slashes
should be used. So for example, instead of:
../../download/docs.html
I get
..\..\download/docs.html
This isn't a problem most of the time, but is annoying (for example, I ran
checklink.pl, and it didn't interpret it correctly, thereby generating an
enormous report of broken links.

I looked through DocSet trying to find the offending piece of code, but I
didn't find it :( Could you tell me which function creates that part of the
URIs so i can fix it?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Problem with links on win32 docset

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 21:43 11.06.2002, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>At 21:28 11.06.2002, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>At 17:04 11.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>>please try again with the latest cvs, has it been fixed now? I cannot
>>>test it myself, luckily no win boxes around :)
>>
>>Still doesn't work as it should, I'm afraid.
>
>Actually, it seems like the problem only appears with the relative links
>in POD-generated documents. It doesn't happen witht the relative links in
>the templates (for example, to get at an image or a menu item).

Ah!! Fixed it. Needed to fix pod_pom_html_view_seq_link_transform_path to
use path2uri(). Could maybe have been fixed in transform_src_doc in
DocSet::Doc, but I'm not sure if that is used somewhere else.

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 17:04 11.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Stas, you pointed out an interesting bug the other day. When creating
>>links on Win32, Docset creates the abs/rel_doc_root with ..\ instead of
>>../. This is probably due to the use of catfile/catdir someplace where
>>simple slashes should be used. So for example, instead of:
>>../../download/docs.html
>>I get
>>..\..\download/docs.html
>>This isn't a problem most of the time, but is annoying (for example, I
>>ran checklink.pl, and it didn't interpret it correctly, thereby
>>generating an enormous report of broken links.
>>I looked through DocSet trying to find the offending piece of code, but I
>>didn't find it :( Could you tell me which function creates that part of
>>the URIs so i can fix it?
>
>because it's not the code, it's the fs :)

:)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.