Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marius Pumputis <Ma...@mif.vu.lt> on 2005/10/19 08:45:25 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 processes eating CPU

I have a problem with Apache/2.0.54 on debian. It started few days ago. Apache
started to use all the CPU. It does it in a rather strange way: every ~5 or ~6
minutes one apache processes starts running "full speed" and doesn't stop,
after another ~5 minutes another apache processes start running and so on.
After one hour all the available apache processes are running at "full speed".
There there no modifications made to the box before all this mess started (as
far as i know). I have atemporary solution to this: apache is simply restarted
by cron deamon.
Does anybody have a clue what is causing all this?

Thanks in advance :)
--
e-mail: marius.pumputis@mif.vu.lt
tel.: +37061462067

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 processes eating CPU

Posted by Joshua Kogut <jm...@gmail.com>.
I have never had this problem on Debian, but its a common problem on winxp.
I just normally end all of the threads, and then restart the service. Then
Apache is fine for a week or so.

On 10/19/05, Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/05, Marius Pumputis <Ma...@mif.vu.lt> wrote:
> > I have a problem with Apache/2.0.54 on debian. It started few days ago.
> Apache
> > started to use all the CPU. It does it in a rather strange way: every ~5
> or ~6
> > minutes one apache processes starts running "full speed" and doesn't
> stop,
> > after another ~5 minutes another apache processes start running and so
> on.
> > After one hour all the available apache processes are running at "full
> speed".
> > There there no modifications made to the box before all this mess
> started (as
> > far as i know). I have atemporary solution to this: apache is simply
> restarted
> > by cron deamon.
> > Does anybody have a clue what is causing all this?
>
> Attach to the spinning process with a debuger and grab a backtrace.
>
> Joshua.

|| jmkogut ||
email: jmkogut@gmail.com
|| Networking: Where all your problems are category 5. ||

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 processes eating CPU

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.