Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by "Penny, Kevin" <ke...@sap.com> on 2020/05/15 00:39:09 UTC

UI5 XML Views

Hey - Happy to ask this question to you

Can Apache Royale be extended to provide support for something like UI5 XML Views as output etc?

https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.36.6/docs/guide/91f292806f4d1014b6dd926db0e91070.html

So 'What if....'
You had an existing application written in MXML running as a swf and wanted to create an export of the application allowing the UI to be in SAPUI5 or UI5 based on the XML view presentation...

That a viable use case?

Stay safe

Kevin Penny
Pronouns: KP | him | he
Engineering Manager, HCM Recruiting
SAP SuccessFactors, 2700 Camino Ramon, San Ramon, CA
W 952.697.2949 : M 952.807.3358

[SAP_SuccessFactors]

Re: UI5 XML Views

Posted by "Penny, Kevin" <ke...@sap.com>.
Excellent, yes I think your comments of data driven xml hit the mark, supporting alternate output type formats (pluggable, writable) could be possible with some transformations, that kind of thing - that's great. Maybe even creating support for other frameworks as mentioned (ui5) and have that be contributed back to the project - great.

Thanks! We'll check it out but that was my assumptions, thanks for confirming.

Kevin

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.