Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com> on 2011/06/14 13:18:12 UTC

RAVE-45 (non-localhost support)

Hi,

in order to make Rave deployable on a server, I'd like to work on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-45. However I don't seem to have
enough Karma to assign the issue to myself. Can someone assign the issue to
me or should I add a comment that I'll be working on it?
The description suggests two solutions. Pathcing it during the build process
makes it harder to deploy the same war files in a DTAP environment, so I'd
like to work on a solution that reads properties files from the classpath.
Any objections?

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com

Re: RAVE-45 (non-localhost support)

Posted by "Zhenhua (Gerald) Guo" <je...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> On 06/14/2011 01:18 PM, Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in order to make Rave deployable on a server, I'd like to work on
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-45. However I don't seem to
>> have
>> enough Karma to assign the issue to myself.
>> Can someone assign the issue to
>> me or should I add a comment that I'll be working on it?
>
> You will first need to be added to the Rave (JIRA) contributers list,
> similar to what I did for Rolf van der Steen earlier.
> What is you JIRA id?
> Once I have that I'd be happy to assign the issue to you :)
> (unless Gerald is/was planning to pick this up already).

I have not taken it.  So Jasha can go ahead and fix it :-)

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 14 June 2011 13:54, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:

> On 06/14/2011 01:18 PM, Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in order to make Rave deployable on a server, I'd like to work on
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-45. However I don't seem to
>> have
>> enough Karma to assign the issue to myself.
>> Can someone assign the issue to
>> me or should I add a comment that I'll be working on it?
>>

> You will first need to be added to the Rave (JIRA) contributers list,
> similar to what I did for Rolf van der Steen earlier.
> What is you JIRA id?
> Once I have that I'd be happy to assign the issue to you :)
> (unless Gerald is/was planning to pick this up already).

My JIRA id is jashajoachimsthal

>  The description suggests two solutions. Pathcing it during the build
>> process
>> makes it harder to deploy the same war files in a DTAP environment, so I'd
>> like to work on a solution that reads properties files from the classpath.
>>
> +1
> BTW: could be either classpath or (pre-defined) external configuration path
> IMO.
> Classpath is a bit more restrictive from the deployment management
> perspective, but probably fine as a start ;)

It looks like a lot is already there, now I'm trying to find out what it
takes to run RAVE in a stand alone Tomcat (not using the cargo plugin). Has
anyone already succeeded in that?

Jasha

Re: RAVE-45 (non-localhost support)

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.