Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Moshe Yudkowsky <ms...@bl.com> on 2005/10/21 23:15:07 UTC

project.content-dir must be relative pathname?

I've got my site up and working -- well, more accruately, failing for
reasons that I understand. I'll have it up shortly, no doubt.
(<http://www.Disaggreate.com>, if anyone is interested, and it uses CSS
only.)

To my surprise, project.content-dir does not take absolute pathnames;
the leading slash isn't found, and thus the "check-contentdir" fails,
and the site isn't built. "file://" doesn't work either (I didn't expect
it to).

This strikes me as a lack of flexibilty; is there some deeper reason for
this restriction on absolute pathnames?

Re: project.content-dir must be relative pathname?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 21-10-2005 a las 22:45 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:
> > I've got my site up and working -- well, more accruately, failing for
> > reasons that I understand. I'll have it up shortly, no doubt.
> > (<http://www.Disaggreate.com>, if anyone is interested, and it uses CSS
> > only.)
> >
> > To my surprise, project.content-dir does not take absolute pathnames;
> > the leading slash isn't found, and thus the "check-contentdir" fails,
> > and the site isn't built. "file://" doesn't work either (I didn't expect
> > it to).
> >
> > This strikes me as a lack of flexibilty; is there some deeper reason for
> > this restriction on absolute pathnames?
>
> Forrest is a servlet. Everything in a servlet has to be beow the root of
> the webapp.

In addition with 0.8-dev we have full support for the locationmap where
we overcome this inflexibility. Besides we are talking about a new
configuration system where absolute path are possible.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: project.content-dir must be relative pathname?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:
> I've got my site up and working -- well, more accruately, failing for
> reasons that I understand. I'll have it up shortly, no doubt.
> (<http://www.Disaggreate.com>, if anyone is interested, and it uses CSS
> only.)
>
> To my surprise, project.content-dir does not take absolute pathnames;
> the leading slash isn't found, and thus the "check-contentdir" fails,
> and the site isn't built. "file://" doesn't work either (I didn't expect
> it to).
>
> This strikes me as a lack of flexibilty; is there some deeper reason for
> this restriction on absolute pathnames?

Forrest is a servlet. Everything in a servlet has to be beow the root of
the webapp.

Ross