Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2022/09/10 08:33:13 UTC

Agenda item submitted to ASF board to rename this project

HI folks,

just to keep you in the loop on the renaming of this project.

So far, we've had the formal vote from the PMC members to change the name
to Apache Causeway, and we've also had confirmation from ASF's trademarks
people that the new name would not be in breach of any existing trademarks.

The next stage in the rename (and I think the last formal stage that must
be passed) is for the ASF Board of Directors to formally approve a motion
to change the name.  I believe this to be a formality, but I suppose they
shall be double checking that we didn't make a mistake earlier on in the
process.

The board meeting is on 21st September, so I'll post after that on whether
it was accepted.

Cheers
Dan