Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/25 23:31:59 UTC

a few more changes to http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html

Just an FYI. I just made a few more changes to the contact_us page on
the website.

We are still receiving quite a number of "support" type questions
through BZ as opposed to the typical user support channels.

I'm not sure this will solve all of these situations, but we keep trying.
MzK

"You only get one chance at a first impression.
 I suggest Julia Child, because it's easy to do."
                 -- Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)

Re: a few more changes to http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 09/26/2014 04:01 PM, Marcus wrote:
> Am 09/26/2014 08:28 PM, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
>> On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 19:57:59 +0200
>> Marcus<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

>>> same webpage but slightly different topic:
>>>
>>> The "Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website" is still misued to
>>> report user problems with AOO and *not* with the website. IMHO I haven't
>>> seen a single valuable report for the website as long as we have this
>>> online since months.
>>>
>>> Therefore I've commented out the respective list item.
>>>
>> I'd suggest adding a major item on the lines of "Community Support on
>> User Forums" and give links to the main language forums (perhaps by
>> dropdown?)
>
> done. I hope it's what you thought of. Otherwise it has to be
> re-adjusted a bit.
>
> Marcus

A good change! I think this should help.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>