Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/09/22 12:52:09 UTC

[VOTE] Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2

Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2 has been staged under [2] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release.  All Maven artifacts are available under [1].
If approved we will seek final release approval from the IPMC.
Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Per [3] "Before voting +1 [P]PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [4])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheplc4x-1002
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/plc4x/0.1.0-incubating/rc2
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PLC4X/Validating+a+staged+Release

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding) IMO There’s some license/notice issues that need to be fixed for the next release.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE need some work (see below)
- No unexpected binary fines
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile from source

LICENSE is missing license info for Netty and this ALv2 file [1], this is optional but recommended.] NOTICE is missing information from Netty's NOTICE file.

Do we know where [1] comes from and if so does it have a NOTICE file?

Also no need to include md5 hash as it’s no longer considered secure and ASF policy has changed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./apache-plc4x-incubating-0.1.0/examples/google/src/main/java/org/apache/plc4x/java/examples/google/iotcore/MqttExampleOptions.java

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 (PPMC) (cdutz) (Explicitly not voting as IPMC)

Checks performed:
- Checked out using the new tooling: OK
- Checked signatures: OK
- [RM] Checked signature is from a valid Apache signature referencing a valid Apache-Email address: OK
        gpg: Korrekte Signatur von "Christofer Dutz (Apache Comitter) <cd...@apache.org>" [ultimativ]
- Checked the zip correctly unpacks to the expected directory structure: OK
- [RM] Checked the "incubating" in the name of the artifacts: OK
- verify the existence of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES: OK
- [RM] Check the RC README and RELEASE_NOTES matches that of the source bundle: OK
- Checked the contents of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES: OK
- Built from sources (including tests) according to instructions in README: OK
. [RM] Check content of rat.txt: OK (Site images are only binaries)
- All tests pass: OK

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Stefan,

thank you for the clarification.

Julian

    On 2018-09-26, Julian Feinauer wrote:

    > @chris: How is the procedure for hotfix releases (in semVer)? Always the same procedure?

    If your question is about processes then yes, the ASF process is the
    same for all kinds of releases.

    If it is about the version then it is really up to what you agree on.

    Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Julian,

I agree, we should still ship it. I mean I know that there are issues. We couldn't have gotten everything right. And incubating releases don't have to be perfect.

I would say we start releasing more regularly and simply fix the things we found and fixed in the next 0.2.0 release.

We're not yet using real semver. I'll think we leave that to version 1.0.0.

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

________________________________
        On 2018-09-22, Christofer Dutz wrote:

        > Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2 has been staged under [2] and it’s
        > time to vote on accepting it for release.  All Maven artifacts are
        > available under [1].  If approved we will seek final release approval
        > from the IPMC.  Voting will be open for 72hr.

        +1

        I've got some questions (see other-thread) but nothing that would
        invalidate the RC.

        Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2

AW: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X (Incubating) 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.