Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Prior <sp...@geekster.com> on 2005/01/24 21:12:08 UTC

installing SA with milter

I think I'm ready to take the next step and upgrade my SA
installation to a milter setup which rejects mail over a
certain threshold.  It looks like there are at least 2 milters
out there - is there one that is the current best?  Does anyone
have a howto about setting up an SA milter with sendmail?

Thanks
Steve

Re: installing SA with milter

Posted by Thomas Cameron <th...@camerontech.com>.
>I think I'm ready to take the next step and upgrade my SA
> installation to a milter setup which rejects mail over a
> certain threshold.  It looks like there are at least 2 milters
> out there - is there one that is the current best?  Does anyone
> have a howto about setting up an SA milter with sendmail?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

"Best" is pretty subjective.  I use spamass-milter on a Fedora mail server
with Sendmail and I've had flawless performance.

I know others who absolutely swear by milter-spamc.

I kind of get the impression that whichever one you try first will become
your favorite.  I think they both work pretty darned well.

Thomas

Re: installing SA with milter

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
Steve Prior <sp...@geekster.com> wrote on 01/24/2005 02:12:08 PM:

> I think I'm ready to take the next step and upgrade my SA
> installation to a milter setup which rejects mail over a
> certain threshold.  It looks like there are at least 2 milters
> out there - is there one that is the current best?  Does anyone
> have a howto about setting up an SA milter with sendmail?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

I'm running with milter-spamc. I just followed the install instructions,
pretty simple and straight forward.

Andy