Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by mp...@inforelay.com on 2012/08/14 05:28:30 UTC

agent.properties, cloud-setup-agent and terminology confusion

Ok, so the tool has issues. But I'm curious does the CS network code
properly handle bridging in the presence of bonds AND vlans stacked on top
of each other?

Was this ever fixed?
http://www.cloudstack.org/forum/8-storage-and-networking/9120-networking-bonding-ubuntukvm-and-ssvm-networking.html
It maps to http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-13735 which apparently is
closed but not resolved.

My host is configured thus:
bond0 (eth0 + eth1)
bond0.39 (vlan tag 39 where a number of pods and component clusters of
hypervisors and CS manager will live)
bond0.398 (vlan tag 398, one of the Public IP segments)
shared (a bridge with just bond0 as member, obviously no IP address
defined for 'shared' itself as that would be wrong)

disk0 (bridge with eth2 as member, switch in access mode and assigned vlan
38)
disk1 (bridge with eth3 as member, ditto)

In the Zone I've defined 10.2.4.0/22 and 600-749 as guest VLAN and IP space.

Are the following 3 values correct then?
private.network.device=bond0.39
guest.network.device=bond0
public.network.device=bond0

The WebUI uses the term "tag" during the initial zone creation wizard
which means exactly what? VLAN tag number?