Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Li Xia <wi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/24 11:13:42 UTC

"smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage.

Hello,

It seems that I cannot get the James server installed. When I run
"run.bat", the following message will appear:

org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component
named
"smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
java.net.
BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind).

Rebooting the machine does not help. I have JRE 1.3.1 installed and I did
not install JDK. Could you please help me on this? Many thanks!

Re: "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Oki DZ wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:13:42PM +0800, Li Xia wrote:
>
>>BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind).
>

> It seems that you had another MTA running.

Added to Wiki.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage.

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:13:42PM +0800, Li Xia wrote:
> BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind).

It seems that you had another MTA running.

Oki

Re: "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage.

Posted by joni santoso <st...@plasa.com>.
u have another smtp server running.

if u use windows then it is probably because iis smtp
server is running.

disable it. if u connect to the internet it can be
attacked.