Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by me_zeta <me...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/04 05:48:05 UTC

Session Invalidation Not working

Hi,

   From my jsp page i call session.invalidate(). After doing this if i check
the tomcat active session through the tomcat manager i find that the number
of active session has not reduced. it is same as the before calling of
session.invalidate(). Why is this happening? Am i doing the correct thing
for invalidating the session

zeta

RE: Session Invalidation Not working

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: me_zeta [mailto:me_zeta@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Session Invalidation Not working
>
> From my jsp page i call session.invalidate(). After
> doing this if i check the tomcat active session
> through the tomcat manager i find that the number
> of active session has not reduced.

You may be getting a new session created while the servlet/JSP is
running.  Use the Complete Server Status page (/manager/status/all), and
check the number of expired sessions, as well as the active count.  If
expired has gone up, your code worked.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.