Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Claude Houle <ch...@accovia.com> on 2009/02/03 15:38:33 UTC

Continuum 1.2.3 not deploying

Hello All,

I've downloaded continuum 1.2.3 war and deployed it locally on a tomcat
and there seem to be some configuration issues within the WAR itself.
Here is the log file content for my Apache Tomcat 6.x:

bean with name 'notifierManager' defined in URL
[jar:file:/C:/tools/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/continuum/WEB-INF/lib/c
ontinuum-core-1.2.3.jar!/META-INF/spring-context.xml]: Cannot create
inner bean
'org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.manager.spring.NotifierFactoryB
ean#174d93a' of type
[org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.manager.spring.NotifierFactoryB
ean] while setting bean property 'notifiers'; nested exception is
bean with name
'org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.manager.spring.NotifierFactoryB
ean#174d93a': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'notifier#mail': FactoryBean threw
exception on object creation; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException

Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'repositoryMetadataBuilder':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataBuilder
]

Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'modelResolver': Initialization of bean
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.project.ModelResolver]

Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'repositoryMetadataBuilder':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataBuilder
]

Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'httpClientHeader': Initialization of bean
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.filter.authentication.digest.HttpClie
ntHeader]

[...]

Error creating bean with name 'knownHostsProvider#null': Initialization
of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'implementation'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.knownhost.NullKnownHostsProvider]

[...]

Error creating bean with name 'mailSession' defined in ServletContext
resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/mail/Authenticator

Claude Houle

Re: Continuum 1.2.3 not deploying

Posted by Hemant Malik <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have built continuum from the source ( 1.2.3 ), and trying to deploy the
continuum-webapp-1.2.3.war on Tomcat 6.0.18.

I have done the following:
1) Added continuum.xml to CATALINA_HOME\conf folder with the following
content
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <Context path="/continuum"
          docBase="${catalina.base}/webapps/continuum">

 <Resource name="jdbc/users" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           username="sa"
           password=""
           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
           url="jdbc:derby:database/users;create=true" />

 <Resource name="jdbc/continuum" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           username="sa"
           password=""
           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
           url="jdbc:derby:database/continuum;create=true" />

 <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="pop3.mycompany.com"/>
 </Context>
2. Kept continuum.war in CATALINA_HOME\webapps

3. Added the below lines to "Configure Tomcat" option in Windows installer.
-Dappserver.home=${catalina.home}
-Dappserver.base=${catalina.home}

While starting the Tomcat I am getting following error in the log [Severe :
error listener Start on consle]
*
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException: Unrecognised tag:
'Context' (position: START_TAG seen ...ontinuum"\r\n
docBase="${catalina.base}/webapps/continuum">... @3:56) *

Could someone please guide/advise me as on where I am doing the mistake?

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
Hemant Malik

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com>.
hi,

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claude.

I haven't tested it on Tomcat yet and I should do it in the next two days.

Emmanuel