Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/16 18:24:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r595742 - in /tapestry/tapestry5/trunk: tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry/corelib/base/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry/corelib/components/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry/corelib/internal

On Nov 16, 2007 6:07 PM,  <hl...@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: hlship
> Date: Fri Nov 16 09:07:48 2007
> New Revision: 595742

> Log:
> TAPESTRY-1476: Component events for input translation and validation

Howard why validate events get fired before normal validators occurs?

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Sure beats waiting two years to comment on the RI then waiting two
years to see a fix :-)

On Nov 18, 2007 12:56 PM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 6:48 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You know, that's a good question. I was thinking about it in the
> > shower, and it probably does make more sense for custom validations to
> > come last.  That way, with required fields, you don't have to check
> > for null, etc.
>
> Thank you Howard.
>
> --
>
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 16, 2007 6:48 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You know, that's a good question. I was thinking about it in the
> shower, and it probably does make more sense for custom validations to
> come last.  That way, with required fields, you don't have to check
> for null, etc.

Thank you Howard.

--
Massimo