Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Hartung <Ch...@rossmann.de> on 2007/06/25 14:38:02 UTC

LDAP / ActiveDirectory Problem

Hi there,

we are using Tomcat 5.5.23 with LDAP Auth against our ActiveDirectory.
Everythings works fine and the user can auth themself. But in our logs
we get error messages like this:

25.06.2007 11:07:20 org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm authenticate
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is
javax.naming.CommunicationException: intern.domain.com:389 [Root
exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out]]
         at
com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapNamingEnumeration.hasMoreImpl(LdapNamingEnumeration.java:224)
         at

25.06.2007 11:07:20 org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm authenticate
WARNUNG: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 3 cancelled; remaining
name 'dc=intern,dc=rossmann,dc=de'
         at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapRequest.getReplyBer(LdapRequest.java:60)
         at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.readReply(Connection.java:405)
         at

here is our ldap-config in the server.xml (it's changed because of
business information ;) ) :

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
                                 connectionName="ldapuser@intern.domain.tld"
                                 connectionPassword="password"

                                 connectionURL="ldap://server1:389"
                                 alternateURL="ldap://server2:389"

contextFactory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
                                 authentication="simple"
                                 referrals="follow"
                                 userBase="dc=intern,dc=domain,dc=tld"
                                 userSearch="(sAmAccountName={0})"