Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com> on 2004/11/24 21:05:47 UTC

publishing workflow / best practices

Those of you who are using Slide in a production environment, what kind
of publishing workflow have you put in place?

We will likely end up using Slide for various aspects of our
application. Initially, it will mostly serve as a repository for
user-specific application data. In this scenario, the user data would
only live on the production server and there would not have to be a
publishing process that moves data from staging to production. However,
there's a good chance that we may end up using Slide for web publishing
as well, in which case we would probably want to be able to manage
content on the staging server and push it to production as part of a
publishing workflow.

I suppose this could be as simple as performing a database dump on
staging and loading it on production. We would probably set up multiple
db stores, which would allow us to publish the part of the repository
that is used for web publishing, but not the part of the repository that
contains the users' application data.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing about your experiences and best
practices that you have determined for these kinds of scenarios.

-Mirko

Webdav copy across Slide namespaces

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.
Does Slides implementation of the webdav COPY method allow one
to copy a resource or collection across Slide namespaces?

Richard

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.

Re: publishing workflow / best practices

Posted by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com>.
It sounds like writing a client tool to migrate content from one Slide
server to another one might be a good option. This should be fairly
simple to write using the Webdav client library. Another option that I
originally had in mind is to simply perform a database dump on the
staging server and upload this to production. Of course, this would
preserve the entire version history, which we most likely won't care
about on our production server, so a separate tool might be more
appropriate.

-Mirko

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.

Posted by Mirko Froehlich <mf...@digitalchocolate.com>.