Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID> on 2016/07/28 09:51:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release version 0.2.0-incubating

Hey folks!

I'm excited to be kicking off the first vote for the second release of
Apache Beam: version 0.2.0-incubating!

As with 0.1.0-incubating, we are not looking for any specific new
functionality. Instead, we're
continuing to execute and refine the release process, as well as making
stable source code
and binary artifacts available for our users.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [1],
and
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [2].

This corresponds to the tag "v0.2.0-incubating-RC2" in source control, [3].

New for this release: Release notes are available in JIRA [4].

Please vote as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks,
Dan

As a reminder for those of us still learning the Apache way, the
release checklist
is
here [5]. This is a "package release"-type of the Apache voting process
[6]. As
customary, the vote will be open for 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval with at
least 3 PPMC affirmative votes. If approved, the proposal will be presented
to the
Apache Incubator for their review.

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1004/org/apache/beam/beam-parent/0.2.0-incubating/beam-parent-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1004/
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/tree/v0.2.0-incubating-RC2
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12335766
[5] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
[6] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Re: [VOTE] Release version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, everyone, for reviewing the release and for your help cleaning up
the release notes in JIRA. It has now been over 72 hours since the vote was
declared. I'll tally the votes in a separate results email.

Thanks!
Dan

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Just one note.

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
The reason is that the fix version is set to 0.2.0-incubating (which is
not actually the case).

I removed the fix version in this Jira. It's OK now.

Regards
JB

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
Built and ran WordCount example (Spark runner) local and on YARN, so I'm
not sure if the unresolved issue in the release notes is a blocker, but
besides that +1

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
In the release notes: