Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Pennebaker <ap...@42six.com> on 2013/08/21 18:45:08 UTC

Tutorials on the relation between the various big data Apache components?

When I start to read a tutorial for Nutch, or HBase, or Zookeeper, my head
starts to spin. I'm used to learning more discrete, Unix-style tools that
operate in isolation. But the Apache tools seem to work in a big ecosystem
with each other, so I'm having trouble understanding one without having
already understood the other.

Anyone know of a tutorial explaining the relationship between the various
big data components?