Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2015/12/03 22:43:26 UTC

[users@httpd] reverse proxy wishlist

I put out a call on Twitter regarding this, but wanted to
close the loop here as well.

What would *you* like to see as new features or enhancements
w/ mod_proxy, esp reverse proxy. I was thinking about some
sort of active backend monitoring, utilizing watchdog, which
could also maybe, eventually, pull in performance and load
data for the backend for a more accurate LB provider. But
what about new LB methods? Any ideas there?

tia.

Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy wishlist

Posted by Christian Georg <ma...@christiangeorg.de>.
Hi Jim,

Here are a couple of suggestions, although I am not sure whether this is implemented in mod_proxy or one of the supporting modules.
- request routing based on custom headers and patterns. I am currently using conditional url rewrites but I think the matching would be more efficient and would reduce the amount of log files produced.
- additional info on outgoing connections within mod_status. I expected proxystatus full to do that but I am missing a connection view similar to the ones incoming
- I am also having issues with cooled backend connections, when using upstream ssl. So an ssl connection between proxy and backend. Seems like bug 37770 is not fixed for this scenario

Cheeres

Chris

Von meinem iPad gesendet