Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by kotipalli venkatesh <ve...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/20 17:17:16 UTC

How to change the Host password

Hi All,

As per last discussion change the host password. But management server not
communicate  with host.

Followed steps are:

*step 1*: Directly login in to the host and run the command passwd and
change the host password.
*step 2*: Login to the management server run the command  is
java -classpath /usr/share/cloudstack-common/lib/jasypt-1.9.0.jar \
org.jasypt.intf.cli.JasyptPBEStringEncryptionCLI \
encrypt.sh input="newrootpassword" \ (here giving new password)
password="databasekey" \
verbose=false
 after run this command encrypted format will be observed.

*Step 3*: Login to the database and run the command is

update host_details set password=<encrypted_password> where host_id in
(comma_separated_list_of_host_ids);

*Step 4*: Then Restart the mysql service and cloudstack-management service.
Then go to infrastructure to see the status of host is DISCONNECT state.

please anyone give me proper solution its very urgent.

Thank you,
Venkatesh.k

Re: How to change the Host password

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
there are a few ways to approach it. I'll outline two easy ones I'd employ.
First is using the awesome cloudmonkey (cli tool for cloudstack). Follow
the install guide [0] to get up and running executing commands against your
cloudstack deployment. Otherwise you might want to check if you have the
integration.api.port global parameter set to where you can form a url,
using the api command to change the stored password. You'll have to dig
around the cloudstack doc's to get this going... hope that helps.

[0]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI

Posted by kotipalli venkatesh <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi