Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by "r7raul1984@163.com" <r7...@163.com> on 2015/02/28 08:58:43 UTC

How to create a Row from a List or Array in Spark using Scala

import org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.expressions._

val values: JavaArrayList[Any] = new JavaArrayList()
computedValues = Row(values.get(0),values.get(1)) //It is not good by use get(index).  How to create a Row from a List or Array in Spark using Scala .

r7raul1984@163.com

Re: How to create a Row from a List or Array in Spark using Scala

Posted by Dirceu Semighini Filho <di...@gmail.com>.
You can use the parallelize method:

val data = List(
  Row(1, 5, "vlr1", 10.5),
  Row(2, 1, "vl3", 0.1),
  Row(3, 8, "vl3", 10.0),
  Row(4, 1, "vl4", 1.0))
val rdd = sc.parallelize(data)

Here I'm using a list of Rows, but you could use it with a list of
other kind of object, like this:

val x = sc.parallelize(List("a","b","c"))

Where x is an RDD[String] and sc is the spark context.

Regards,

Dirceu

Posted by "DEVAN M.S." <ms...@gmail.com>.