Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Angelo Quaglia <an...@ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu> on 2012/08/13 16:59:20 UTC

luceneMatchVersion

Hi,

We are using Apache Solr 1.4.1 since last year and we are very happy about
it.

We are now looking into the upgrade to Solr 3.6.1 but we have stumbled
against a critical (for us) issue for which a workaround seems to be the use
of

<luceneMatchVersion>LUCENE_33</luceneMatchVersion>

in the Solr configuration.

The issue is documented here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3668?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3390?
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Highlight-with-multi-word-synonyms-td3610
466.html#a3644439

I have been unable to find official documentation about using a Solr version
without a prior version of Lucene.

Is this officially supported?

Are there any recommended alternatives?

Thanks in advance,

Angelo

Ing. Angelo Quaglia

External Consultant

European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre
Institute for Environment and Sustainability

Digital Earth and Reference Data Unit, T.P. 262

Via E. Fermi, 2749.
I-21027 Ispra (VA)
Italy

Tel: +39 0332 78 5325
Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
e-mail:  <ma...@ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu>
mailto:angelo.quaglia@ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu

html>
http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/SDI/sdi-about-us/staff-profiles/angelo-quaglia.h
tml

The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission.