Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com> on 2005/01/17 09:28:55 UTC

Re: Performance issues in DOMNode::setUserData() / DOMNode::getUserData()

Hi Fulvio,
which version of Xerces are you using? Last summer I have changed the
storage model for the setUserData/getUserData to use less memory and to be
faster; if you are not using Xerces 2.6, could you try it and check if it
is acceptable?

As for attaching the user data to every node, I guess that would be
unacceptable to the users of Xerces that don't use user data (and I think
they are the vast majority); 32 bit of unused payload on each node would
quickly add to a considerable amount of memory.

Alberto