Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by May Zhou <ma...@foxmail.com> on 2018/11/20 07:50:11 UTC

check-env.sh does not check the availability of port

Hi,

   I'm wondering why $KYLIN_HOME/bin/check-env.sh does not check the availability of port. As I ran the script and it turned out with no error message, and I ran the kylin.sh start script, the console output indicated that a kylin instance had successfully started, but when I visit the <host>:<port>/kylin, I found another service was running rather than kylin.

  I can only find the error message in the kylin.out, which is not so user-friendly.
> Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use (Bind failed)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:387)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:375)

I am wondering why check-env does not check the availability of port, and the error message could be threw out more user-friendly.
If it's not by design, I'm willing to open a JIRA for this issue.

Btw, my version is the latest version, v 2.5.1.

BRs,
May

Re: check-env.sh does not check the availability of port

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
There is the room to improve like this in Apache Kylin; we welcome and
appreciate contributions from the community.

May, would you like to open a JIRA for this?

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Work email: shaofeng.shi@kyligence.io