Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by ma...@orange.com on 2017/07/11 09:50:49 UTC

how to identify the alive master spark ?

Hello,

In our project, we have a Spark cluster with 2 master and 4 workers and Zookeeper decides which master is alive.
We have a problem with our reverse proxy to display the Spark Web UI. The RP redirect on a master with IP address configured in initial configuration but if Zookeeper decides to change the master, our spark Web UI is not accessible.
We search in Internet a solution to know with Zookeeper which master is alive every time but we don't find anything. It is possible with confd to search if property changed but none property is saved.In folder /spark in Zookeeper, nothing is logged.

Can you help us to solve this problem ?

Thank you

Regards,
[http://www.orange.com/sirius/logos_mail/orange_logo.gif]<http://www.orange.com/>
Marina Brunel
Ingénieur d'Etudes Confirmé
Orange Applications for Business
SCE/OAB/MTM/SM2M

Fixe       +33 (0)2 99 28 88 73
Portable +33 (0)7 84 14 52 05
Interne 4873
marina.brunel@orange.com<ma...@orange.com>

3, allée de Beaulieu 35700 Rennes
www.orange-business.com/fr

Thank you.

RE: how to identify the alive master spark ?

Posted by ma...@orange.com.
Hello,

Zookeeper decides to elect another master when elected master goes down. For me, Zookeeper is always advise which is the master.
In Spark, only logs show us which is the master. A grep on logs is not a good solution for us to know the master.
For databases, Zookeeper can provide a property which indicates the hostname. Why it is not the case for Spark ?

I will see with Spark

Thanks

Regards,

Marina Brunel
This question may be better suited for the Spark mailing lists as Zookeeper doesn't really "decide" which master is alive but rather provides a mechanism for the application to make the correct decision.
Thanks,
Abe

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.
Hi Marina-