Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by co...@collegeclub.com on 2000/11/24 00:59:47 UTC

Apache::Session Questions

I installed Apache::Session and am employing embed perl to do some simple
session management.  Apache restarts fine as of now.
However, when I try using %mdat or %udat I get this error message:

[57250]ERR: 24: Line 17: Error in Perl code: No space left on device at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/Session/Lock/Semaphore.pm line
92.

how much space does the Semaphore locking mechanism require?  Is there any
way around using the Semaphore argument in setting up Apache::Session to
work with embed perl?

Here are my stats that seem relevant to this issue regarding space:

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a     49583    31757    13860    70%    /

Thanks for any advice

Why is College Club the largest and fastest growing college student site?
Find out for yourself at http://www.collegeclub.com

Re: Apache::Session Questions

Posted by "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jw...@acm.org>.
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 conark@collegeclub.com wrote:

> I installed Apache::Session and am employing embed perl to do some simple
> session management.  Apache restarts fine as of now.
> However, when I try using %mdat or %udat I get this error message:
>
> [57250]ERR: 24: Line 17: Error in Perl code: No space left on device at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/Session/Lock/Semaphore.pm line
> 92.
>
> how much space does the Semaphore locking mechanism require?  Is there any
> way around using the Semaphore argument in setting up Apache::Session to
> work with embed perl?

The message doesn't refer to a disk device.  For some reason, the code
could not create a semaphore block, and the system returned ENOSPC.  See
the semget(2) manual page.

The solution is to ensure that semaphores are enabled and available on
your platform.  On various different unixes, this may mean mounting a
symbolic file system, setting system boot parameters, or changing some
permissions.

As for your other questions, I don't know enough about EmbPerl to answer
them.

Regards,
Jeffrey Baker