Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Belousov Maksim Eduardovich <m....@tinkoff.ru> on 2018/02/16 08:32:02 UTC

Zeppelin use survey

Hello users!

Apache Zeppelin has wide functionality. It would be good to know how Zeppelin is used, most popular features and wishes.

I prepared the survey with 11 questions [1]. Please fill it.

After a while I will share source data and results.
I plan to make the survey every year.

1. https://goo.gl/forms/cnypeaT0lhGfEMld2

Regards,

Maksim Belousov

Re: Zeppelin use survey

Posted by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com>.
Wayne,

Notes or paragraphs within a note?

Within a note, you should be able to do that provided that the paragraph you want to take the results from has run.

Across notes?
If Zeppelin shares a spark context, it could be possible, however many configure zeppelin to have a separate context per user / session.

Why not persist the results in a common area (e.g Database / cluster) and then pull the data from there as needed?

On Feb 16, 2018, at 2:51 AM, Wayne Theron <wa...@stoxx.com>> wrote:

The below email is classified: Internal

Used for python + various odbc connections. Would be nice if we could access results in different notes so if we had note 1 with 5 different results, each sub-note has access to the previous results

Wayne

Thanks Maksim,  It is super helpful for the zeppelin community.

Belousov Maksim Eduardovich <m....@tinkoff.ru>>于2018年2月16日周五 下午4:32写道:
Hello users!

Apache Zeppelin has wide functionality. It would be good to know how Zeppelin is used, most popular features and wishes.

I prepared the survey with 11 questions [1]. Please fill it.

After a while I will share source data and results.
I plan to make the survey every year.

1. https://goo.gl/forms/cnypeaT0lhGfEMld2

Regards,

Maksim Belousov

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

RE: Zeppelin use survey

Posted by Wayne Theron <wa...@stoxx.com>.

Re: Zeppelin use survey

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Maxim and Moon.

It was interesting to see most of the users are using official releases and
not builds from master,
and see some other insights too.

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

Re: Zeppelin use survey

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.

RE: Zeppelin use survey

Posted by Belousov Maksim Eduardovich <m....@tinkoff.ru>.
Hello again!
I come back with the results.

You can find the source data in  https://gist.github.com/mebelousov/d672b71f70fff75c9851a9f3a6e5a2be

Unexpectedly, but there are only 25 active readers.

Diamgrams were builded in Zeppelin:
[cid:image005.jpg@01D3AEFF.8BB5D740]

Diagrams from Google:

[cid:image003.png@01D3AEFF.49EE3DC0]