Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rudy <ru...@monkeybrains.net> on 2001/04/08 07:04:15 UTC

modperl 2.0 build... MM.pm

I built Apache 2 and mod_perl for the first time today.  To get it to
work, I had to edit:
 blib/lib/ModPerl/MM.pm
and add:
 use Apache::Build;
for the 'make install' to work.

Now... it is built, and I am ready to try out stuff like Apache::Echo that
I learned about at the ApacheCon.

Rudy

Re: modperl 2.0 build... MM.pm

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
thanks rudy, i had never tried 'make install' with 2.0, see the note in
00README_FIRST:
hint: rather than 'make install' point mod_perl at your blib in
startup.pl:

 use blib qw(/home/dougm/ap/modperl-2.0);

or

 PerlSwitches -Mblib=/home/dougm/ap/modperl-2.0

but your fix is needed of course, and patch has been applied to the cvs
tree.
also, we are using the dev@perl.apache.org for 2.0 discussion.