Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com> on 2002/10/29 21:14:27 UTC

[status] Xindice documentation

Vladimir,

- I've checked in the docbook2forrest-document.xsl in the folder
discussed (/src/documentation/content/xdocs)
- I don't have any more time today
- This xsl works for DevelopersGuide.xml, but there are some semantic
difficulties where things like <ol> is not allowed in a <p>, but I think
we'll encounter that, and have to fix them by hand.

Try it out, and let me know what you think.  There may be many missing
tags, so feel free to add them in.  We should probably donate this xsl
to the forrest project when we are done (if they will want it).  I'm not
an expert on either content model, so there may be better ways to
convert them.  The main problem with the avalon version:
-too many missing tags
-too many errors
-explicit html instead of the xdoc content model
-explicit font

Of course the avalon xsl was built with that project in mind.  Some of
the problems are still in the xsl, but none left in the guide that I
tried.  I'll try to work on it some more tomorrow.

-Kevin Ross