Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Thomas Berger <th...@stz-ida.de> on 2008/06/05 13:03:07 UTC

M-OSGI Bundles on Knopflerfish

Hello,

I have a question concerning M-OSGi. I find this tool very useful to
manage my Felix frameworks. But it would be great, if I could also
manage my Knopferfish servers with M-OSGi. Thus, I installed all
required bundles in my KF framework and the RMI Connector seems to work.
The connection can be established, but my client (M-OSGI JMX Console
running on a Felix instance) is throwing error messages on the text console:

gui.NodesTree.connectToNode(10.10.10.33:1099/null) :
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: TabUI:name=OsgiProbes
  => Delete this node ? to implement... ?

Don't be confused by the 'null' in the connection string. Since
Knopflerfish does not have profiles as Felix at all, this is the right
connection string. I figured out, that on server side the GUI tabs must
be defined as system properties:

 From the readme.txt of MOSGI:
mosgi.jmxconsole.tab.url.<mbeanname>tab : indicates an URL where the jmx
console tab should be found
      example :
mosgi.jmxconsole.tab.url.osgiprobestab=file:../org.apache.felix.mosgi.managedelements.osgiprobes.tab-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

But how can I set that property in Knopflerfish properly, because of the
path/protocol syntax? The JAR file cannot be found if I use the
expression above. Or is there another cause for the error shown above?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Thomas Berger

Re: M-OSGI Bundles on Knopflerfish

Posted by Thomas Berger <th...@googlemail.com>.
Hello,

thank for your quick reply!  As I figured out, the MBean implementation
bundles were marked as 'Active' in my KF framework, but due to
a init/restart problem, the bundles have been installed in wrong order
so that the MBean has not been registered correctly. Addionally, I
misunderstood the principle of the tab bean definitions you mentioned.
One have to declare the  mosgi.jmxconsole.tab.url.osgiprobestab
properties on server side with paths to bundles that are being searched
on client where the JMX console is executed. But finally, I can manage
my Knopflerfish 2.0.4 server with M-OSGi JMX Console running on Felix
1.0.. Very cool!
Many thanks again,

Kindly regards,
Thomas Berger