Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Barry Fritchman <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/19 22:28:30 UTC

URLInputSource -- what am I doing wrong?

When I run the simple program below to parse an XML
document specified by a URL, the result is "Error at
column 1 of line 1: Invalid document structure". The
XML document (also listed below) is well-formed, and
is successfully parsed if I access it with
LocalFileInputSource instead of URLInputSource.  Is
there something I'm missing?  I do have an
fgNetAccessor. I'm using the latest stable build of
1.3, running on NT 4.0 sp6, compiling with Visual C++
6.0.  Thanks for any help or advice.

Here is the program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <parsers/SAXParser.hpp>
#include <util/PlatformUtils.hpp>
#include <util/XMLURL.hpp>
#include <framework/URLInputSource.hpp>
#include <sax/SAXParseException.hpp>
#include <sax/HandlerBase.hpp>

int main()
{
  try
  {
   XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
  }
  catch (const XMLException& toCatch)
  {
   printf("Error during initialization! Message:
%S\n",
          toCatch.getMessage());
   return 1;
  }

  if (!XMLPlatformUtils::fgNetAccessor)
    {
     printf("fgNetAccessor is NULL.\n");
     return 1;
    }

  SAXParser parser;
  HandlerBase handler;
  parser.setDoValidation(0);
  parser.setDocumentHandler(&handler);
  parser.setErrorHandler(&handler);

  XMLURL url("http://localhost:8080/orabook2.xml");
  URLInputSource urlIS(url);

  try
    {
     parser.parse(urlIS);
    }
  catch (SAXParseException ex)
    {
     printf("Error at column %d of line %d: %S\n",
            ex.getColumnNumber(),
            ex.getLineNumber(),
            ex.getMessage());
     return 1;
    }

  printf("Parse succeeded.\n");
  return 0;
}

and here is the XML I'm trying to parse:

<?xml version = '1.0'?>
<page>
  <ROWSET>
    <ROW num="1">