Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com> on 2004/08/07 06:24:11 UTC

ISP tapestry support

Hi,
     I signed up with lunarpages.com for a domain to host tapestry
examples. They use Resin as the servlet container. My first deployed
webapp raises an  exception:

Caused by: ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "setServiceBinding" failed
for object
org.apache.tapestry.link.ServiceLink$Enhance_2@7b7f35[framework:
Exception/restart]
[java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Method [public void
org.apache.tapestry.link.ServiceLink$Enhance_2.setServiceBinding(org.apa
che.tapestry.IBinding)]
cannot be accessed.]

lunarpages forums jave postings with this same exception twice in the
past 4 months.

it looks like this ISP has a  security policy in place to prevent
method invocation via reflection.

Does anyone have a workaround for this, or a reference for an ISP that
supports Tapestry in a shared/virtual hosting environment?

thanks.

Mike

Re: ISP tapestry support

Posted by Norbert Sándor <pr...@hotmail.com>.
Try setting the following permission in the policy file:

permission ognl.OgnlInvokePermission "invoke.*";

Norbi

Re: ISP tapestry support

Posted by Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>.
The best deals I've found are KGB Internet:

http://www.kgbinternet.com

I've used them for over 2 years and they allow you complete control
over your own Tomcat instance.  Recently, I outgrew their 10 GB/month
of bandwidth and I'm moving to Groove Systems soon.

http://hosting.groovesystems.com/shared.html

Both are around $20 month.  You really can't beat the prices these
Canadian ISPs offer!

Matt

RE: ISP tapestry support

Posted by Adam Saltiel <ad...@btinternet.com>.
I've been looking at this as I want to find an ISP with flexible support
within the next month.
I checked out lunarpages and noticed that they don't mention the amount
of memory allocated to the user. This and disk space are also issues in
making a choice.
Some few years ago I contacted jabhosting (http://www.jabhosting.co.uk)
but didn't use them at the time. I received back an email from the owner
almost immediately and late at night. So it was a personal service.
They do not advertise prices on the net, instead they ask for you to
contact with an outline of the use you have in mind. This seems like a
sensible enough approach.
They are hosted out of Okehampton, Devon not far from Pool Dorset UK.
Pool and the SW of UK has a fair bit of defence industry, but also like
almost anywhere struggles (well not London or New York), so expect
competitive prices if not best prices.
Who knows what they may come up with if they find they can compete with
javaservlethosting?
I think it worth an approach, at least.

Adam Saltiel

Re: ISP tapestry support

Posted by Doc Digi <sa...@digiatlas.net>.

Re: ISP tapestry support

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,
    yep that works and the ISP did it for me!

I'm using www.lunarpages.com to host some Tapestry demos and they have
been very helpful so far with very responsive technical support.

Now, since my demo uses Groovy I have a SecurityManager issue with
Groovy method invocation!

I may switch to 1and1.com, for $50/month you can get a dedicated
self-administered linux host with root access.

Mike

Re: ISP tapestry support

Posted by Norbert Sándor <pr...@hotmail.com>.
Try setting the following permission in the policy file:

permission ognl.OgnlInvokePermission "invoke.*";

I should be easy to modify OGNL to remove this security check.

Norbi