Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matthew Bennetts <ma...@yahoo.com.au> on 2004/06/16 08:16:03 UTC

Some guidance please?

Hi,

I am new to Axis (and Webs Services in general) and
require some guidance:

I’m working on an application that manages xml
documents in an embedded database (BDBXML –
www.sleepycat.com). Basically I am trying to provide a
web service interface to store and retrieve instance
documents of a particular xml schema. These documents
average about 120K in size.
It seems to me that using the “wrapped” SOAP style
will offer the best interoperability.
I’m thinking that passing the document(s) into and out
of the web service method(s) as a string (schema type
xsd:anyType in the WSDL) should be ok but also
thinking that attachments might be better… does anyone
have an opinion on this?

Also, I need to create a database “environment” that
remains available for the entire session and is
cleaned up (i.e. destroyed) properly when the session
ends or expires. How can I best achieve this goal
(e.g. create a static variable in the constructor for
the service)?

Any tips or pointers will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

http://au.movies.yahoo.com