Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk> on 2009/09/03 16:11:14 UTC

Problem with OptimizedSessionPersistedObject not working in Tomcat & Jetty

I don't know if anyone else has spotted this, and it may well be the case for other servlet containers as well, but we noticed that objects were being propagated across our cluster even when a page that only read the session object was just being refreshed.

This is a very serious issue, not quite a blocker because everything functions okay, but I really think this should be fixed and released as 5.1.0.6 as soon as possible. Please take a look at the bug and vote for it if you agree: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-834

I've included a couple of suggestions of solutions, please comment if you thing there are any drawbacks or better ones.

Thanks,

Andy.

Re: Problem with OptimizedSessionPersistedObject not working in Tomcat & Jetty

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the patch.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Blower, Andy <An...@proquest.co.uk>wrote:

> I'm surprised that no one else is bothered by this, are we the only ones
> developing a Tapestry app for a clustered environment or something?
>
> Anyway, given zero votes I figured it's not likely to get fixed any time
> soon so we've implemented a solution which we're now using and I've attached
> the patch to the JIRA issue.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

RE: Problem with OptimizedSessionPersistedObject not working in Tomcat & Jetty

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.