Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/01/17 23:18:40 UTC

SOAP binding representation in the component model

The WSDL 2.0 adjunts document specifies the rules for specifying a SOAP
binding. I'm clear with how SOAP bindings are represented in the XML
model. I'm unclear about how SOAP bindings are represented in the
component model. Taking section 5.4 about SOAP version as an example, I
can specify the SOAP version on the XML model by specifying the attribute

wsoap:version="xs:string"

on the binding element. According to section 5.4.2,

The SOAP protocol specification adds the following property to the WSDL
component model (as defined in [WSDL 2.0 Core Language]):
{soap version} REQUIRED. A xs:string, to the Binding component.

Does this mean that the SOAP version is specified in the component model
using a Property (note that property is lower case in the above
description)? If this is the case, is the ref the SOAP namespace, the URL
of the adjuncts document, or something else? Am I completely barking up
the wrong tree here?

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel
Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@ca.ibm.com