Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by afshin afzali <a....@gmail.com> on 2011/02/08 14:52:37 UTC

1.0.2 RPM on epel-couchdb.repo

Hi,

Thanks to Mr. Peter Lemenkov for providing 1.0.1 RPM on RHEL-5/CentOS-5.
I was wondering if I could to find out that the epel-couchdb repository is
updated with 1.0.2 version.

BEST,
-- afshin

Re: 1.0.2 RPM on epel-couchdb.repo

Posted by afshin afzali <a....@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much
--afshin

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
While (I believe) fedora has a newer libcurl, building for CentOS-5 will
require including a newer libcurl (probably breaks packaging guidelines) or
applying a couple backports to build without it.

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/df7ac1368da214ef114d7716421d6e03011af947

on trunk, but incomplete and needs this (which I will try to get someone to
commit really soon):
https://github.com/tilgovi/couchdb/commit/0185faa2150f072a8c71b03325424c20e24c3eab

Also, Peter, I made a stripped down spec based on 1.0.1 that removes some
redundant stuff in the install phase and I think I cleaned up the deps a
little bit. If you're curious, get in touch with me directly and we can
compare notes.

-Randall

Posted by Jeroen Janssen <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Did you happen to have time for updating the epel-couchdb repository
to 1.0.2 yet?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen

Posted by Omu cu Lopata <om...@yahoo.com>.
Jeroen Janssen <je...@...> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Did you happen to have time for updating the epel-couchdb repository
> to 1.0.2 yet?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jeroen Janssen
>
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Peter Lemenkov <le...@...> wrote:
> >
> > I'll update it in a couple of days (more likely during this weekend).
> > Stay tuned!
> >
> > --
> > With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Hi!

I am also interested in a newer version of couchdb in the repos, since 1.0.1 has
some bugs which were later fixed. Do you have any plans to update it (maybe with
1.0.3/1.1 when they are released, if not with 1.0.2)?

Thanks,
Omu

Re: 1.0.2 RPM on epel-couchdb.repo

Posted by Peter Lemenkov <le...@gmail.com>.