Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stephen Anthony Lewis <sl...@chem.ucdavis.edu> on 2003/07/11 18:49:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory Access

I am stuck !!!   I setup a secure directory on my apache server on a windows box.  I used the location directive example;
<Location /css>
       AuthName "auth"
       AuthType Digest
       AuthDigestDomain /css
       AuthDigestFile d:/webs/auth/css.md5
       require valid-user
</Location>

Configuration works great for the /css directory, but, when any other page loads the login screen show up.  I can cancel out of the screen and all is ok but, I would rather the login screen to only appear on the directory it is intended for.

Any suggestions PLEASE?

Thank you and have a great day,

Stephen

RE: [users@httpd] Directory Access

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Check error log + try to change Location to the absolute path of the folder.
E.g. c:\apache\www\css

All the best,

Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com